ROASTED PORK FAJITA SALAD WITH COCONUT LIME DRESSING
- 4 TB. olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced or sliced
- 2 large heads romaine or green leaf lettuce, sliced (or use 12 cups mixed greens)
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro (optional garnish)
- 1 lime, quartered (optional garnish)
Coconut Lime Dressing:
- 1 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. raw honey
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- In a large mixing bowl or a large plastic bag, combine oil, spices, sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the pork, peppers and onions to the mixture and combine with a wooden spoon (or close the bag and shake vigorously) until fully coated.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Spread pork and vegetables on the parchment paper, place in oven and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until pork is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine salad dressing ingredients in a mason jar. Fasten the lid tightly and shake vigorously until well combined.
- Top salad greens with pork and vegetable mixture, and drizzle with dressing to serve. Garnish with cilantro and fresh lime wedges if desired.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.